1)To increase text size use Ctrl+=.
2)To decrease text size use Ctrl+-.
3)To type any URL or address quickly or to auto-complete it, Go to the address bar (Control-L) and type the name of the site without the “www” or the “.com”. Let’s say “google”. Then press Control-Enter, and it will automatically fill in the “www” and the “.com” and take you there – like magic! For .net addresses, press Shift-Enter, and for .org addresses, press Control-Shift-Enter.
4)Instead of using the mouse to select different tabs that you have opened, use the keyboard. Here are the shortcuts:
- Ctrl+Tab to go to the next tab.
- Ctrl+Shft+Tab to go to the previous tab.
- Ctrl+1-9 , number from 1 to 9 to go to the specific tab.
5)Sometimes you’re already using your mouse and it’s easier to use a mouse shortcut than to go back to the keyboard.
- Middle click on link to open it in new tab.
- Shift-scroll down to go to previous page.
- Shift-scroll up to go to next page.
- Ctrl-scroll up to decrease text size.
- Ctrl-scroll down to increase text size.
- Middle click on a tab to close that tab.