Hello everybody, how's it going? It's been 3-4 days since i haven't posted anything, sorry for that. But now I am back with a new trick that you will definitely love to try. You might be knowing some of the popular and mostly used run commands like cmd, notepad, msconfig etc.
Well, how about creating your own run command? Yes, with this trick now you can create your own run command. You can use this trick to open any kind of application. And the important thing is that now you don't have to go through Start>>All Programs anymore.
Here's how you can do this:
- Open registry editor by using Run box. Go to Start >> Run, or press Win+r and type regedit.
- Navigate to:
- Right click on App Paths and select New> > Key, Give it a name , Firefox.exe
- Right-Click the default string value and click Modify.
- Change the value data to the actual path of application which you want to run. C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
- Now right click anywhere in the white space and select New> > String value.
- Name it as Firefox and set the value data to - C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
That's it. Now you can open Firefox by simply typing "Firefox" in the run. As you can directly open "Notepad" by typing it in run. You can do this for your other applications which you use most often, such as Microsoft word, Google Chrome, even more you can open your favorite games also by using this trick.